Welcome to John Lake Shellfish

With over 30 years’ experience of shellfish farming, processing and procurement, family business John Lake Shellfish prides itself on its reputation for reliability and honest values. We are a family run business which is now into our third generation.

The Lake family name goes back in the fishing industry over 50 years however it is the Rake Family where it all started for us which dates back generations. In fact this can be traced back in True’s Yard, Fisherfolk Museum in King’s Lynn. https://truesyard.co.uk/

All vessels comply with the latest in MCA safety regulations and are regularly audited by other companies in the offshore support industry.
All vessels are manned by highly experienced crews who are qualified with safety, first aid and survival certificates, recognised by the MCA.

Our main specialities include

  • Cockles
  • Brown Shrimp
  • Mussels
  • Whelks

90% of our produce is exported to the open market with the remaining 10% distributed to well known, reputable local businesses.